In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have updated our policies and procedures regarding vasectomies.
These updated procedures are designed to accommodate social distancing and limit contact. Consultations will be through a telehealth visit prior to your procedure appointment. All paperwork, Insurance information, proof of identification, and payments (if applicable) will be handled electronically prior to your appointment. The physical exam can happen after the result of the preoperative COVID-19 test result is known to be negative.
In accordance with the Illinois Department of Public Health, the following procedures must be followed for all elective procedures:
Preoperative Testing for COVID-19: Facilities must test each patient within 72 hours of a scheduled procedure with a preoperative COVID-19 RT-PCR test and ensure COVID-19 negative status. Patients must self-quarantine until the day of surgery after being tested. A temperature check must also be completed on the day of arrival at the facility with results of less than 100.4 degrees prior to proceeding with an elective procedure.
Please follow the instructions below to make an appointment.
1. New Patients: Download the registration paperwork at http://vasectomyspecialist.com/download/
2. Send the following documents via email to email@example.com
3. After receiving the above documents, we will call you to schedule your telehealth visit and procedure date with Dr. Agha.
4. Patients who have previously consulted Dr. Agha and wish to proceed with their procedure will need to call our office to schedule an appointment and to receive an order via email to have the COVID-19 test.
5. We will place an order for your COVID-19 test to take place at the FC Lab (8635 Lemont Road, Downers Grove, IL) three days prior to your vasectomy. A copy of the order will be emailed to you also. You will need to call the office of Dr. Hisham Greiss at (630) 427-0300 to schedule a time for the test. The cost of the test is $75. You may want to check if your insurance covers the test. Please note that the FC lab is an independent entity and our practice has no financial interest in this testing nor will we be a party in any billing disputes.
6. All procedure during COVID-19 restrictions will be performed at our Oak Brook Facility (600 Enterprise Drive, Suite 218, Oak Brook, IL 60523)
7. On the day of your procedure, we ask that you call our office when you arrive in the parking lot. We will let you know what time to come into the building. You will then come to our office and be escorted directly into the procedure room. Our waiting room is closed, so if someone accompanies you to the procedure, they must remain outside of the building. As per the state mandate, please wear a cloth or other protective mask when you enter the building. You will wear your mask throughout the procedure. Our staff will also wear the proper PPE.