When to do:
Semen Analysis is performed 2-3 months after surgery. You must present to the lab the order for semen analysis (provided to you at the time of vasectomy) when you submit the specimen. Please advise the lab to Fax the results at 630-9904245.
How to do it
In order to obtain accurate information from the semen analysis, it is important that you follow the instructions below very carefully. Test should be scheduled at your local hospital Lab by appointment and examined within 1 hour of specimen production.
1. Abstain from intercourse for three days prior to collection of the specimen.
2. The specimen should be obtained by masturbation. (If this is not possible, lab may provide a special condom).
3. The specimen should be collected in a sterile, wide-mouth container, which will be provided by our office or the laboratory depending on which facility will analyze the specimen.
4. Specimens should be kept at room temperature (shirt pocket) and brought to the the laboratory during office hours within one hour of the specimen collection.PLEASE CALL THE LAB BEFORE COLLECTING THE SPECIMEN TO MAKE SURE THAT THE TECHNICIAN IS AVAILABLE.
5. Please label the specimen with your name and time of collection. Due to government regulations, it is desired that your specimen be brought to the lab IN A BROWN PAPER BAG.
Where to go: Laboratory Services for Semen analysis:
You can choose any lab for your semen analysis as long as it performs the semen analysis on site and/or within 1-2 hours of specimen production. Labs that collect the specimen and ship to another facility are not recommended.
Following are some of the labs for your convenience. We have no affiliation with any lab.
City of Chicago:
Andrology Laboratory Services, Inc.
680 N. Lake Shore Drive, Suite 807
Chicago, Illinois 60611
Tel : (312) 335-0075 or (312) 908-7151
Reproductive Medicine Institute
Oak Brook Office
2425 W 22nd St
Oak Brook, IL 60523
Phone: (630) 954-0054
150 W High St, Morris, IL 60450
Phone: (815) 942-2932